Re: Threads and waits

On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 16:26 +0100, Fernando Apesteguía wrote:
Under some conditions I would like the collector thread to make a pause. I
don't know how to do it with POSIX functions. I've seen Glib's API
documentation and I'm not sure how could I make this. ¿Should I use a Gcond?
As I can see in documentation, g_thread_yield is not recommended to be used.

I've used select, with no read write or exception descriptor sets but
just the time I wanted it to suspend that thread.

  // Wally

--
Constructing a program is like painting a room.   A beginner at either
will start in one corner and end in another, left there to discover just