Embedding in icon into an executable

Hopefully, this is the last silly question I have to ask before I can get down
to some serious programming ......

OK. I've linked my programme (Thanks Tor). I've gotten rid of the ($#&(*$#@
DOS window (Thanks Tor & Georg).

Now ..... how do I add an icon for the programme, so that this icon shows when
browsing the files, when mimimised on the task bar, etc?

I'm pretty sure I have to deal with *.rc files and windres, but I've been
unable to find anything regarding rc file format, or anything else specific
enough to show me whee to go.

Can give me an explination, or point me towards an example?