Re: how to use GTK+ on Mingw&msys? what i need to begin with GTK+?

thank so much Goran Rakic, Tor Lillqvist, David Necas(Yeti) and other helpers.
thank you for saying in detail, with so kindness, it is good help for me.
that is enough for me to know how start with GTK+.
at last i get it right. it is my desire.

First of all, GTK+ is cross-platform GUI library. So, when you write your program (with some GTK functions calls in it) you can compile it for MS Windows, Linux,... With GTK+ runtime installed (shared libraries) on the system you can run your application on that system.

yes, i will compile my GTK+ program on Windows system and
i will can run my program on a my target system with GTK+ runtime(for Windows)
or GTK+ libraries installed(for Linux..).

To compile your source code you will need compiler that can produce executable for target system and GTK+ includes/headers/... usually called GTK+ developer pack for target system.

yes, for the compiler i will attempt to have Mingw on Windows or MS VisualStduio - but these seems to have some technical risk as Tor Lillqvist' sayinng -
and i will get GTK+ includes or library requested.

With cross-platform compiling you can run compiler (for example MinGW cross-compiler) on one system (Linux, Unix,..) and produce binary for some other system (MS Windows in this example). Still, you will need to test it if it works, and cross-platform compiling is not something that you want to start with.

yes, still the cross-compilation seems to be needless me. but i will need it in further.

So, to make your application run on Linux and on Windows you need to have two binaries (Linux and Windows ones) and GTK+ runtime for Windows installed and GTK+ library installed on Linux.To compile your application for target system, on Linux you can use GNU gcc compiler and will need to have GTK+ library, builded and installed from source or installed from binary package. (usually it has -dev or -developer sufix in the name).

yes, it is right. but where can i get GTK+ library-binary package for Linux?
it seems to me only source pack is in GTK homepage.
whereever, i am sure to get those without difficult.

If your target system is MS Windows, and you don't want to use cross- compiler, you can use MinGW compiler (gcc for Windows) and GTK+ library from gladewin32 project or from Tor's win32 page. MSYS is handy tool that will provide you shell (so you can execute configure scripts) and GNU tools like cp, rm, bintools, tar, autoconf, automake and others.

yes, i have known new information such as gladewin32 and Tor's win32 page.

I hope that this will help you to get it right.

Bye,
Goran Rakic

thank you very much.