Re: how to use GTK+ on Mingw&msys? what i need to begin with GTK+?

L. Misoullee writes:
however, don't i need gcc compiler in order to compile my GTK+ application
on Windows ?

Not necessarily, you can use Microsoft's Visual C 6.0, too. Be sure to
use the "thread-safe dynamic C runtime" or whatever the Visual Studio
calls it, meaning msvcrt.dll. (Use the -MD switch on the cl command
line.) You might also be able to use newer versions of Microsoft's
compiler, but there are some technical risks in doing so because those
compilers can't produce code linked to msvcrt.dll. GTK+ uses
msvcrt.dll.

Even if you use gcc (i.e., mingw) to build your application, that
doesn't mean you will get any Unix emulation.

since i have known whether GTK+ for Win32 is just used when runing my GTK+
application on Windows.

somehow Windows version's GTK+ application, Linux/Unix version's GTK+
application, as nodoubt previously my GTK+ app should be compiled whether
on Unix system or Linux or Windows..CORRECT?

Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking...

--tml