Re: gtk_combo_box_new_text vs gtk_combo_box_set_active

> I'm sure this must be something silly I'm doing, but I'm not finding it.

Turns out I've evidentally forgotten how to read. On about the 200th reading of my 5 lines of code, I read the important one I'd missed. Turns out getting frustrated and walking away for a few hours was helpful. Sorry for the noise.

Now that I can use gtk_combo_box_set_active(), all I need to figure out is how to add tooltips to the combo box. I hope I'm not being daft again. I tried

 gtk_tooltips_set_tip (tips, combo, "My Tip", NULL);

to no avail.

Thanks
-Dan