Re: How does one pipe output from process to text buffer?

Hi again!

On 12/27/06, Zeeshan Ali <zeenix gstreamer net> wrote:
> In Tony's case, he might have to extract the fd from the SSH_SESSION
> object (is there an interface for that?) to be able to stuff it into a
> GIOChannel (not very difficult. I've done it with a database socket). On
> the plus side, Tony would just have *one* socket to watch (read and
> write side), and errors would (assumedly) come through call results or
> whatever.

  And regarding the use of fds, keep in mind that they are unix
specific so libssh might not provide an interface to the fd being used
by the CHANNEL. Even if it does, it might not be a good idea to use
that if you intend to keep/make your application very portable (one of
the primary reasons to use glib).

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali