gtk_entry_set_text

Hi!

I've got the following problem:
I want to set the text of a gtk_entry from an event-handler.

Normally one can use the function gtk_entry_set_text, but in this case this is not possible, because I risk
that the application crashes, when I use this function due to conflicts between gtk_main() and the GTK call
invoked in the event handler.

Does anybody have an idea, how to set the text of a gtk_entry from an event-handler?

I use gtk 2.8.x under windows.

Thanx,

     spocky