Debugging application

Hello list!

I'm developing a gtk application. The point is that I see in Gnome
System Monitor that my application (a loop that continuously read a
file and update data in the window) is eating more memory as it is
executing... There are no problems (no errors or warnings) during
compilation and valgrind, with: -v --leak-check=full doesn't show any
problems of my code.

However, it seems to be some problems with other code (like CORBA and
more...). The fact is that my application grows (slowly) as Gnome
System Monitor says: it starts with 4.6 MB and it reaches 5.6 after
more than an hour...

The point is that if I look at the gnome-system-monitor process in
itself, this program also grows from 5.2 to 6.4...

Is this normal? Is this related to the GSlice allocator or something similar?
Should I be worried about memory leaks in my application? If I
should... since valgrind doesn't show any errors, which tool should I
use?

Thanks in advance.