GtkEntry Persistent Cursor

Hello All,

I'm creating a menu that is essentially an onscreen reproduction of a keyboard. It has all the buttons of a keyboard and at the bottom has a GtkEntry where whatever you type on the either the software keyboard or your actual keyboard is displayed. What I'd like to know is, is it possible, even if another widget(or even another window, as this app has multiple windows) has the focus, for the cursor (the flashing line that displays your position) to remain in the GtkEntry textbox? Even a non-flashing static cursor indicator would suffice. I've seen this in other apps and was hoping it would be a simple option but I can't seem to find it.

Mike