Re: GObject exposure

Maybe it is just me, but I don't see a problem with letting users access the object with gobject methods.  If
you look at the api, there aren't that many, and there don't seem to be any that would harm too much.  Also,
restricting access too much prevents people from using it in (perhaps beneficial) ways that you may not have
originally imagined.

If you want to, you can override some of the original class methods, such as {set,get}_property.  But perhaps
using the methods to your advantage would be better.

Such as the {set,get}_property methods.  You can let the user of the object change parameters in this way,
rather than creating a dozen api calls to change this parameter, or that one.

Implementing signals could be nice also, let the user attach user-defined methods/signals/hooks to events
that happen with your objects.

Perhaps look at ways to use the gobject methods, rather than seeing them as a way for users to get around
your code...

-l