GtkComboBox cell rendering?

Hi all,

I have for the first had the need of a GtkComboBox in my app...

I am a little confused about how to use it.

I have:

GtkWidget *box;
GtkTreeList *list = gtk_list_store_new(2, G_TYPE_STRING, G_TYPE_INT);

... fill in the list store ...

box = gtk_combo_box_new_with_model(list);

However the combo box remains empty.. ?

The documentation mentions that GtkComboBox uses the same cell rendering
setup as GtkTreeView, but I can find no functions that allow one to set
rendering attributes..

Obviously I'm just missing something obvious somewhere ...

Any ideas / clues?

Thanks!

Daniel Pekelharing