Re: Fullscreen application running?

On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 15:13 +0530, Unique User wrote:
Hi All,
      I am writing an application which pops up a message   at random
interval.  Before showing the message, I want to check whether a full
screen application(movie,game etc.)   is running. How can I do this? I am
writing this application in pygtk.

Look at fullscreen_window_exists() in src/daemon.c in
notification-daemon (0.3.5 tarball, or in trac[1]).

It's in C, but should be fairly trivial to port to Python.

You'll need wnck-python, which is in gnome-python-desktop.

Ed

[1]
http://trac.galago-project.org/browser/trunk/notification-daemon/src/daemon.c?rev=2550