Re: Key-value file parser, howto get all groups and create loop from them

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006, rupert wrote:

void crypto_mount_set_pixbuf(struct treedata *treedata){

gchar *mountpoint;
GtkTreeIter iter;
gtk_tree_model_get_iter_first(treedata->store,&iter);

A couple of stylistic points:
 1) put the opening brace as the first thing on the next line
2) add an empty line between the variable declarations and the first line of code (the gtk_tree_model_get_iter_first() call). 3) put a space after the ',' that separetes the arguments to gtk_tree_moedl_get_iter_first().

In Java the normal thing seems to be to put the brace on the first line, the way you did (except that they would add a space between ')' and '{').

Different languages have different idioms.

Almost *all* C programmers would agree with 1, 2, and 3 above.

do
{

Most C programmers would put these on the same line as 'do {' (note the space).

      gtk_tree_model_get(treedata->store, &iter, MOUNTPOINT_COLUMN,
&mountpoint, -1);
g_print("MOUNTPOINT_COLUMN: %s\n", mountpoint);

if(crypto_mount_check(mountpoint))
{

Likewise.

g_print("%s FOUND\n", mountpoint);
treedata->pixbuf_mount =
gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file("pics/mount.png", NULL);
          gtk_list_store_set(treedata->store, &iter, MOUNT_COLUMN,
treedata->pixbuf_mount, -1);
g_object_unref(treedata->pixbuf_mount);

}
else
{

Most C programmers would put these three on the same line: '} else {'.

g_print("%s NOT FOUND\n", mountpoint);
treedata->pixbuf_mount =
gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file("pics/unmount.png", NULL);
          gtk_list_store_set(treedata->store, &iter, MOUNT_COLUMN,
treedata->pixbuf_mount, -1);
g_object_unref(treedata->pixbuf_mount);

      }

}while(gtk_tree_model_iter_next(treedata->store, &iter));

Almost all C programmers would have a space between '{' and 'while'.
Most would also have a space between 'while' and '(', as 'while' is a keyword, not a function call (the same goes for 'if', 'for', 'switch').

gtk_tree_model_get_iter_first(treedata->store,&iter);

No need to do the final gtk_tree_model_get_iter_first(). I mean, iter is a local variable and you are done with it and besides it gets destroyed anyway as soon as the function returns...

}

I have to give me a timeframe of a day or two before asking question,(this
gets a note on the monitor.)...

;)

-Peter