event logger on fc4 - i386

hi ,

  i am new to linux.
  but has some experience on programming gtk apps.

  i would like to do the following things on on my linux workstations

 1. get which window is active at any given time. That is need a notification when a window ,thread , and
process bewcomes active, gets focus , a new application or process is launched and similar events .

 2. also get the input monitor inplace , i.e., something that can give me everything on keyboard and mouse,
the events they generated and for which application's which window they were targeted on

  These r basically to monitor what the user is doing .

  I would like to know the best solution to it and how to solve it .

  i think that i should install some sort of message and event logger on the X itself but don't know how to
do it .

  any help  will be greatly appreciated

  24 FIFA World Cup tickets to be won with Yahoo! Mail. Learn more