Re: Crashes with GTK 2.8.12 and above

The the gtk2 version of ardour (www.ardour.org) is randomly crashing in the exact same location! It started when I upgraded from FC4 (gtk2.6) t o FC5 (gtk2.8.15). I also installed debug versions of .16 and .17, my backtraces are identical to yours.

Enrico Tröger wrote:
Hi,

I have some problems with newer GTK versions(2.8.12 and above) and my
application(http://geany.uvena.de). It crashes with segmentation faults
inside GTK. With GTK 2.8.10, it works at its best.
I and some other people tested it with GTK 2.8.12, 2.8.13 and 2.8.16
and crashes randomly. This means, sometimes the application works a few
minutes, somtimes a few seconds and sometimes it crashes before(or
while) the main window is initialized. It seems, that no special action
is necessary, only click somewhere, on a scrollbar, on the file open
dialog or whatever.

I have no idea, for what reason it crashes, so if anyone knows this
issue or have any hints, I would be really grateful.

If you need more information, please ask.

The following are some backtraces from gdb on different systems, I hope
they are at least a bit helpful. The first and last call in my code is
in main.c in line 577, this line calls only gtk_main().