Re: Displaying intermediate button images.

Tristan Van Berkom wrote:

You seemed to have ignored the revised small attached program that I
sent you and gone back to my first version. Could you show me how to
do this with the program attached below please?

No I did not, I based it on the code you attatched in your private
post, note that the first thing I did was to remove the reve_timeout()
function.

You are correct. Apologies.

Yes,
   I see that; that doesnt mean that you cant adjust your code
to be event based; the select() call in reve_sleep() should
be the select() call in g_poll(), envoked implicitly be the GMainLoop
in gmain.c, in other words, dont sleep(), instead: return.

The program I uploaded does this and should at least give you an
idea of how to implement that in your larger application.

If you need to resume some other execution when your buttons
finish flickering; then you can either call that code segment
directly from your timeout handler before returning FALSE,
or register an idle handler before returning FALSE.

Okay. I'll see if I can munge the code better to work the way that Gtk+
event programming needs.

Thanks.