Re: Is now gdk-bixbuf the part of gtk+-2?

On Mon, 2005-09-26 at 09:25 -0400, Allin Cottrell wrote:
On Mon, 26 Sep 2005, Yury Aliaev wrote:

I'm wondering whether the gdk-pixbuf library is the required part of modern
gtk+ distributions (I mean 2.6.x and 2.8.x)? In other words, should I add
extra check in configure in for gdk-pixbuf in my gtk+-2 application?

You don't need an extra configure check, since gdk-pixbuf is an
integral part of the gtk+-2 package (that is, it will be missing
only if the gtk+-2 installation is broken).

Actually I believe you do.  On Fedora gdk-pixbuf is a separate package
so if a developer doesn't have gdk-pixbuf-devel package installed
configure should detect this and throw an error.

--
John (J5) Palmieri <johnp redhat com>