Re: How to check if a font has a given character?

Am Donnerstag, den 15.09.2005, 17:06 -0300 schrieb Eduardo M KALINOWSKI:
Christian Neumair wrote:

Am Donnerstag, den 15.09.2005, 16:26 -0300 schrieb Eduardo M KALINOWSKI:

   I want to check if the font I'm using (in a GtkTextView, if that
matters) contains some characters (specifically, the "line-drawing"
characters). How can I do that with Pango? The function
pango_fc_font_has_char() apparently does exactly what I want, however I
couldn't discover how to get a PangoFcFont *.

You should take a look at PangoCoverage, which can be requested using
pango_font_get_coverage ().

Right. Looking at it, the function pango_coverage_get() seems promising.
However, I'm unsure about the index_ argument. Would that be index of
that I want to check, according the the Unicode tables?

Sorry, but I have no clue here. I think it can simply take a char,
whatever its numerical value means (see below). I'd just make a
font_is_suitable helper that defines a char array and iterates through
it, checking pango_font_get_coverage foreach array member.

I'm really interested in the meaning of a character's integer value,
maybe you could explain this to us? :)

--
Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org>