Re: Box expansion in only one direction?

Hi,

Dnia 2005-09-09 07:44, Lachlan Gunn napisaÅ:
Hi,
I've been developing an app using GTK2, but am having one problem with layout:

I have two hboxes and a button in a vbox.  Underneath this, there is a
TextView.  Is there a way that I could make the top VBox expand only
horizontally?

Could you describe your interface more precise? I made out that you want to get something like:
.--------------.  -.
| hBox         |   |
|--------------|   |
| hBox         |   |
| Button       |   |
| TextView     |   |
and make first hBox have fixed height. If so, try

gtk_box_pack_start (vBox, hBox, FALSE, FALSE, 0);

That FALSE values cause the child not to expand and not to fill extra space.
--
  PrzemysÅaw Sitek