Re: simple question: are const gchar* arguments hold as copies internally?

these two functions take const gchar pointers:

void gtk_label_set_text([...] const gchar *str);
void g_key_file_set_value([...] const gchar *group_name, [...])

Does that mean that the arguments are *not* hold as copies internally
so that I have to care for the allocated memory -- or can I savely pass
a temporary character string as an argument to the functions which make
a copy of the strings internally and also release their memory when
necessary automatically?

The strings are saved as copies internal. You can savely pass a
temporary string.

Cheers,

Andy