GtkTextView Color not being set under KDE

    I'm the author of KildClient, a program that uses Gtk+. One user of
the program reported a problem that the background color of a
GtkTextView is not being honoured when the application is run under KDE.
He says that when run under Gnome, the display is as expected.

    He sent me a screenshot: http://kildclient.sourceforge.net/kild.png

    The biggest part of the application is a GtkTextView. The background
should be black, it is set with a call to gtk_widget_modify_base(). The
text that appears with a black background has a tag that sets the
background and is displayed correctly. However, the expected behavior
would be to have all the GtkTextView with a black background.

    I couldn't reproduce the problem here in my computer, even under KDE
the display is fine. Anyway, does anyone have any idea of what the
problem could be?

--
"Lead us in a few words of silent prayer."
-- Bill Peterson, former Houston Oiler football coach

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
ekalin bol com br
http://move.to/hpkb