Re: How to use pixmaps in GTK+ applications?

On Sunday 16 October 2005 08:03, åæå wrote:
Hi,

I'm new to GTK development.
In Windows environment, pixmaps are often compiled into the binary as
resources. Or by making an installer, they can be installed as
ordinary files, in a location that fixed relative to the binary
executable.
My question is, how to use pixmaps in GTK+? Can I make them resouces
as in Win32? If I use them as ordinary files, how can I know the path
after users' installation? What should I do in the configure.ac and
Makefile.am?
The questions may seem stupid to you, but I don't quite understand the
autotools.

For pixbufs, see gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file(), gdk_pixbuf_new_from_xpm_data()
and gdk_pixbuf_new_from_data().

Pixmaps are server side - you would compile pixbufs into the binary (or load
pixbufs), not pixmaps.

Chris.