Re: gtk rendering order

On 10/5/05, Kevin Brooks <kb_list yahoo com> wrote:
With the double buffering turned on, any drawing is
pushed onto a stack before the updated window is made
visible.

Is it possible to reverse the stack just before the
flush in order to boost the performance?

Unfortunately, the remove/add isn't just drawing, it's creating and
reordering subwindows. This will not be double buffered :-( I don't
know enough about the win32 backend to know what happens there.

Though I've not tried it and I'm just guessing. I might write a test
program to check.

John