Re: GtkExpander and resizeable dialogs

Am Sonntag, den 02.10.2005, 14:38 +0100 schrieb Luke Biddell:
I am using a GtkExpander in a GtkDialog and I'm having problems with
the dialog sizing. Once the expander has been expanded, I can't get
the dialog to shrink back to it's original size unless I set the
dialog to be non-resizeable.

I've tried calling gtk_window_resize on the dialog and passing in the
original size when I get the expanded signal. That doesn't work.

It seems to me that the dialog's minimum size is being changed as I
can force the size back to the original size using
gtk_widget_set_size_request. However, doing this means I've got to
manage all the window sizes so if a user resizes the dialog,
everything works.

Does anyone have any experience of this? I don't want to make my
dialog non-resizeable but it seems the only way to get GtkExpander to
work properly.

I suppose that your WM prevents you from manually setting the window
size once the window is mapped. Metacity IMHO does this, for instance. I
have no clue why this limitation is imposed, probably some apps did
really bad things. Maybe you can gtk_window_set_resizable the window to
FALSE and re-set it to be resizable once it shrunk.

--
Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org>