Help Using Gdk_image

Hello,

I'm new to using gtk and would really appreciate it if
anybody could help me.

I'm trying to display an image on the screen thats
created from individual pixel information. I create
the image and then set the indivisual pixels. Then I
try to display the image but I keep getting errors
when I try to execute.

Am I going about this the wrong way! I've attached the
code below.

Thanks in advance.
Mike

#include <stdio.h>
#include <gtk/gtk.h>
#include <gdk/gdktypes.h>
using namespace std;

int main( int argc, char *argv[])
{
        GtkWidget *window;
        GtkWidget *canvas;
        GdkVisual *visual;
        GdkImage *image;
        GdkGC *gc;

        int i, j;
        unsigned char frame_data[128][64];

        window = gtk_window_new(GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL);

        gtk_widget_set_size_request(GTK_WIDGET(window), 1024,
768);

        g_signal_connect(G_OBJECT(window), "destroy",
G_CALLBACK(gtk_main_quit), NULL);

        visual = gdk_visual_get_system();
        image = gdk_image_new( GDK_IMAGE_FASTEST, visual, 64,
128 );

        gc = gdk_gc_new( GTK_WIDGET( window )->window );

        canvas = gtk_drawing_area_new();
        gtk_container_add( GTK_CONTAINER( window ), canvas);
        gtk_widget_show(canvas);

        //set the individual pixels
        for( i = 0; i < 128; i++ )
        {
                for( j = 0; j < 64; j++ )
                {
                        gdk_image_put_pixel( image, i, j, data[i][j] );

        gdk_draw_image( GTK_WIDGET( canvas )->window, gc,
image, 0,0,0,0, 64, 128);

        gtk_widget_show(window);

        gtk_main();

http://uk.security.yahoo.com