Does double buffering work on Microsoft Windows?

Does double buffering work on Microsoft Windows?

I'm developing an application with rather complicated interface which
require a lot of switching of GtkNotebook pages. I've designed this
interface in Glade and use libglademm and gtkmm (C++).

On my Fedora Core 4 Linux using GTK+ 2.6.10 and GTKmm 2.6.2 there is
no flicker when swithing notebook pages. On Windows XP Professional
using GTK+ 2.8.6 from http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net/ and GTKmm
2.8.1 from http://www.pcpm.ucl.ac.be/~gustin/win32_ports/ there is
a lot of flicker when I switch pages - I can almost see how pages are
build.

I've checked if my window does have double buffering set - it has.
According to documentation this is by default. So why flicker?

Regards
Tometzky
--
...although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a
moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you