Re: Signal on mouse over menu item?

On 11/26/05, Daniel Pekelharing <legendstar gmail com> wrote:
I need to receive any keys pressed whilst a menu item is selected ...

I connect a menu item with "key-press-event", but it seems to do
nothing, even though Gtk doesn't spit out the usual:
"signal x is invalid for instance y"...

I'm not sure, but perhaps GTK's programmable accelerator system is
taking the keypress events before you see them?

I'd wonder about the wisdom of doing this (though of course I don't
know what or why you need keypresses). It sounds like you might be
wandering away from the expected behaviour for a GTK application and
you're likely to confuse users more than help them. Is there some way
you can get the effect you want and stay within the HIG?

John