Setting the background color of a GtkEntry

The white part of a text-accepting widget uses the "base" color, not
the "bg" color.  The only way I know to set that is with a style:

style "myEntry"
{
    base[NORMAL] = "#ff0000"    # or whatever
}
class "GtkEntry" style "myEntry"

You can load this setting by placing that text in a file called "foo"
and then calling gtk_rc_parse("foo"), or you can put it in a string
called "bar" and call gtk_rc_parse_string(bar).

-Alem