Re: example

On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 21:31 +1100, ashley maher wrote:
G'day,

I have followed the gtk tree view tutorial at:

http://scentric.net/tutorial/.

The tutorial is very good. However section: 3.5 deals with Retrieving
row data.

This works well for data to stdout.

However I can't see in the tutorial, nor has google helped, where to
find an example where the callback function does not deal with the data
directly but passes the data retrieved back to the main programme.

The example shows the "advanced" version of retrieving data, namely by
using a call back function. There is nothing that prevents you from
iterating through the model (with a GtkTreeIter) and call
gtk_tree_model_get directly on the model. That way you have the data
where you want it: in your main program.

I hope this is what you've asked for,
Axel.