What is the simplest way to run an app from GTK and read its output ?

Hi,

I ask this question because I have a problem with my implementation of the email subject with g_spawn_async_with_pipes and g_child_watch_add (). The problem is that the function I register with g_child_watch_add is called BEFORE the child spawned with g_spawn_async_with_pipes has exited even though the docs says:

'Sets a function to be called when the child indicated by pid exits, at a default priority, G_PRIORITY_DEFAULT.'

So how can an executable be run from GTK and read its output ?

Thank you,
--
Colossus
Xarchiver, a GTK2 only archive manager - http://xarchiver.sourceforge.net