Re: How to reset the progress bar when in pulse mode

Peter Hille wrote:
and setting the 'fraction' to 0.0. This is normally used to fill the
progress bar to a certain amount, but you can also use it to completely
empty it. The fraction value should be between 0.0 and 1.0 (including
these). More info on the progress bar in general can be found on [1]

Hi Peter,
I came to the same conclusion thank you. Unfortunately I have a very strange problem. When the child exits a function of type GChildWatchFunc *ExitStatus (GPid pid , gint status , gpointer temp) is called. The strange problem is that the data from the child that I read with g_io_channel_read_line in another function keeps on coming; because in this function there is a gtk_progress_bar_set_pulse call the gtk_progress_bar_set_fraction ( pbar, 0.0 ) call in the ExitStatus function is overrided by the continuos calls to the gtk_progress_bar_set_pulse(). What I find strange is that the ExitStatus function registered with g_child_watch_add() should be called when THE CHILD HAS EXITED, but in my case is called before while the child is still ouputing data to read ! How I can fix it ?

Thank you,
--
Colossus
Xarchiver, a GTK2 only archive manager - http://xarchiver.sourceforge.net