Aligning widgets in a set of vboxes and hboxes

Hi,

I'd like to align a number of widgets which are in vboxes and hboxes. The dialog is very similar to the File Management Preferences dialog of nautilus [1].

The only problem is that if I run my application my comboboxes do not have the same size. They do in nautilus. If you load the nautilus glade file in glade they also don't seem to have the same size but if you run nautilus they have.

I've been trying for hours now to find out what the difference is, but I can't seem to find it.

Does anybody know which property I need to set, to get my comboboxes all of the same size?? (I can't use a table because as in the nautilus dialog I have different "sections" in the dialog)

Thanks

Jaap

[1] http://jaap.haitsma.org/shot.png