Re: Getting the pixel size of a Pango layout

Olivier Sessink wrote:

I'm not sue if it answers your complete question, but are you aware of
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-question-index.html
question 1.13 ?

Thank you, Oliver, but I wish it did.. :) pango_layout_get_pixel_size() returned the same too-large value that ...get_extents() did.

I experimented with avoiding reuse of the same layout over and over, and this seems to solve my problem, though I'd been hoping resuing the layout could save me memory space etc.

Thanks again.
Rob