Re: Glade C code a bad thing? (was: root windows)

Hello everyone,
   I strongly agree with the opinion that source-code generation
should be removed from glade itself. OTOH I very strongly advice the
glade developers to write a nice command-line utility to convert a
glade file to it's equivalent source code in C/C++, before they drop
this support.

   Since the glade file is XML, I think the tranformation to
source-code could also be better done using XSL, right? If someone
wan't to write it as a script without using any XML libs. i'll advice
him/her to use scheme/lisp instead of perl/python as lisp is AFAIK the
best language to deal with XML. Another option would be to write such
a utility in C, which shouldn't be that hard if we borrow the same
code from Glade that is to be removed. :)

   BTW, i think this seperation of glade into two utilities would
result in much greater freedom than now (quite contrary to the fear of
some people on this list) since it open's up a new possiblity: you'll
then be able to write your GUI in XML and getting it transformed into
the source-code without using any GUI utility. :)

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali