GtkTreeView issues (porting from GtkCList)

Hi everybody!

Now I'm porting some project from Gtk+-1.2 to Gtk+-2.6 and have some questions on GtkTreeView (with GtkListStore as a model): 1) Rows in GtkTreeView are higher than in GtkCList because of the much free space between them. How can I make GtkTreeView more compact? 2) When pressing the left mouse button and moving the cursor vertically the selection in GtkCList follow the cursor. In GtkTreeView -- not. How can I obtain in GtkTreeView the same behavior as in GtkCList?

Thanks in advance!

Yury.