Tree View Sorting (Inital sort on display)

I'm developing a simple file browsing application (mostly for some programming experience in GTK) and have things setup pretty well so far, but I've hit a couple snags with regards to sorting a tree view and would appricate some guidence.

The first issue that I have come across is that It doesn't look like GTK is using my defined sort function for setting the sort on the tree view. I setup my sort function using these lines:

--
Keith Maika
http://kicken.mine.nu:8008/  - Personal Site.