Re: my program has these problems

Hi, 吴顺珉

On 5/20/05, 顺珉 吴 <moody_blur yahoo com cn> wrote:

1.The program can deal with english (ascii) filename and info well, but I
don't know how to deal with other types if encoded string. Chinese, japanese
and many other languages have their own coding type, not always UTF-8. And
these user may not choose UTF as thier system local.
How can I translate "some types" of encoded string to other types? Or at
least, translate all to UTF-8 type?

Please refer to
http://www.gtk.org/api/2.6/glib/glib-Character-Set-Conversion.html for
Charset convertion
As all string inside GTK+ are UTF-8, you should convert the filenames'
encoding to UTF-8, and then convert them back to store on disk if neccesary.
For those locales other than utf-8, you should set environment viriable
G_FILENAME_ENCODING= locale to make g_filename* functions work correctly.

Hope this will help.

--
Best regards

Shixin Zeng