Re: gtk and hicolor theme

That said, there's one thing in recent gtk that I'm concerned about.
It makes sense that gtk should take over some features previously
supplied by gnome, but I don't like to see a covert gnome dependency
in gtk.  I'm therefore troubled by this sort of thing: when I open
my app (gtk2 version, compiled against gtk 2.6.7) on a non-gnome (or
non-current gnome) system and use the file chooser, I see:

(lt-gretl_x11:27643): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not find the icon
'gnome-fs-home'. The 'hicolor' theme
was not found either, perhaps you need to install it.
You can get a copy from:
         http://freedesktop.org/Software/icon-theme/releases
Try to set default gtk theme or just remove ~./gtkrc-2.0. I think this
warning comes from a gtk theme stuff.