Re: X server problem

Hi all,
     I too had similar kind of problems. I am using Fedora Core 1. I
have installed gtk-2.5 with "prefix=/usr" and the installation was
working fine until I reboot my machine. After that I have never
managed get my X server back into operation. Finally I reinstalled
Fedora Core 1. I have also tested this with RedHat 9.0. I am pretty
sure that this problem pops up when newer Gtk+ versions are installed
in "/usr" folder.
    To avoid this problem, I have installed Gtk+ in different location
(/opt/gtk-2.6).

     Please let me know if there is any solution... I don't know about
Fedora Core 2 and Core 3.

Thanks in advance,
Santhosh.

Lets Hack on  - http://eccvs.sf.net