Re: Win32 gtk performance sucks (all versions), any suggestions for finding the bottlenecks?

Hi!

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 20:44:16 -0800 (PST)
Dave Andruczyk <djandruczyk yahoo com> wrote:

I have seen my app run about 10-50x slower on win32 and doing simple
things
like changing a widgets color or text can max the CPU EASILY on a 1Ghz
Win2k
install.  on linux the cpu penalty is usually less than 10% in most
cases..

I've tested this with the GTK+ runtime builds from gladewin32.sf.net
(tried
2.4.11, 2.4.13 and 2.4.14)
I also notice very low performance of gtk on windows. my program draws
lines and points and on linux it takes max 8% of CPU but on windows on
the same machine it takes 100% CPU and it flicks.

I don't know how to cope with it. You could also try gtk 2.6 from Tor's
site. I use this switches when compiling my app
FLAGS = -Wall -O2 -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer
-fexpensive-optimizations -fstrength-reduce -mno-cygwin -mcpu=pentium
-mms-bitfields -mwindows

regards
hs