Re: Change color of widgets

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 12:58:22 -0500
Tristan Van Berkom <tvb gnome org> wrote:

Adrian Hoe wrote:
Hi,

I am new to this list and am developing some gui application on
linux.

My application would require to toggle between day or night mode.
When
the  application is in day mode, the widgets will be displayed in
normal  desktop colors. When it is in night mode, the widgets must
be
displayed in  another color, e.g. Red on black background.

How can I change the color of the widgets?

This is one way to do it:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkWidget.html#gtk-widget-modify-bg
another way would be to use themes and two different gtkrc files.