Using arguments in callbacks

Hello.  I am creating a GUI with Glade (V2.6.8).  I would like to have
several widgets call the same callback function, but with different
arguments passed to the function (e.g. the widget that called the function).
It seems that the "Object" box under the "Signals" options is what I would
need to use, but perhaps I am having trouble with the syntax of this option.
Whatever I put in that box, it will give me an error when I build, saying "I
don't know the type of [whatever I typed in there], so I can't connect
trajectoryTB's toggled"  (trajectoryTB is the widget name and the signal is
toggled).  Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!
Mike