Re: How can we find whether a menu item was activated by Shift+Click?

Hi,

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 19:02:34 +0530, Santhosh <santhosh lists gmail com> wrote:
  In my application, I want to differentiate between Shift+Click and
Click of a menuitem. The menuitem is a proxy for a GtkAction. I also

I don't think this is a good idea. First, it is difficult because
there are many ways to trigger a GtkAction, and only one of them uses
a mouse. What would it mean to test for shift-click if your GtkAction
was triggered by a keybaord shortcut? Second, many people are unable
to use a mouse. How will they use your application if they only have a
keyboard?

I think you will need to think of another way to design your program
:-( Perhaps you could have a toggle button somewhere which changed the
way your menu items behaved?

John