Pixmaps & transparency

Hello GTK developers,

I have an external library that draws possibly transparent/translucent images to a GdkDrawable only. I want to capture these images in a pixbuf, but when i try to copy pixels from the drawable (a pixmap), all information about transparency is lost. So far i can think of two ways to solve this:

- Draw every image to two pixmaps with different backgrounds, then compare results - Extend GdkPixmap somehow (isn't Gdk an object system, after all?) and override painting methods so that they keep track of transparency. I'm not sure this is feasible however.

Could anyone please comment on this, or come up with better ideas?

Thanks!
--
Peter                           peterz at rin dot ru