gnome_execute

Hi,

may be this is a little off topic question,

we have an application that use gnome_execute_async to call another program. This application run with uid = 0 . We never had problems with this call, when the program run in a Debian Woody , but some of our clients use Red Hat 8. Using RH, in several ocassions, the program which is called , doesn't execute. We made a lot of tests , and we are sure that the program is called in good way but the call fails. We replace the gnome_execute_async with the system function and we have the same behavior under RH. I repeat in Debian we didn't have any problem. I suspect that the problem is that RH has some limit (maybe security limit ? ) to execute a shell (as a system function does) from a program that run with uid = 0. Now we are trying using vfork and execl , until today we have good results but I am not sure that this is a solution.

Thanks in advance and thanks for yur patient with my english ;-)

d.l.