GtkNotebook problem

Hi,

I have recently begun migrating a long-neglected app from Gtk1.2 to Gtk2. I have so far made the minimum alterations necessary to compile.

I have a GtkNotebook in the main window, and find that GtkEntry and GtkClist widgets displayed in a notebook page do not respond at all to the mouse and will not accept the focus, whilst GtkRadiobuttons and a GtkText on the same page appear to be working OK. The same GtkClist - generated by the same function - is also used at other times in a modal dialog, where it works normally. Removing all but one of the GtkNotebook pages makes no difference. Everything worked fine under Gtk1.2.

Can anyone kindly advise, or point me in the right direction?

David Cooke