gtk_entry problem in a gtk_dialog

Hi,

I have a gtk_dialog with a gtk_entry and a button. Before
clickink Ok the user must supply a filename in the gtk_entry.
The problem: if the user doesn't do this I have a gtk_message_dialog
appears with an error message but to give control again to the gtk_dialog ? The execution of the code goes on !! This is the code:

void on_extract1_activate ( GtkMenuItem *menuitem, gpointer user_data)
{
        static GtkWidget *prefs_window = NULL;
        gchar *command;
        const gchar *extract_path = NULL;

GtkTreeSelection *selection = gtk_tree_view_get_selection ( GTK_TREE_VIEW (treeview1) );
        gint selected = gtk_tree_selection_count_selected_rows ( selection );
        prefs_window = prefs (selected);//Here I create the dialog

gtk_dialog_set_default_response (GTK_DIALOG (prefs_window), GTK_RESPONSE_OK);
        response = gtk_dialog_run ( GTK_DIALOG ( prefs_window ) );
if ( response == GTK_RESPONSE_CANCEL || response == GTK_RESPONSE_DELETE_EVENT )
        {
                gtk_widget_destroy ( prefs_window );
                return;
        }
        else
        {
                extract_path = gtk_entry_get_text ( GTK_ENTRY (entry1) );
if ( (! extract_path ) || ( ! strlen ( extract_path ) ) ) response = ShowGtkMessageDialog (GTK_WINDOW (MainWindow),GTK_DIALOG_MODAL,GTK_MESSAGE_ERROR,GTK_BUTTONS_OK, "Please select where to extract files !" );

// The execution of the code goes here, how can I give control again to the gtk_dialog ??
--
Colossus

Cpsed, a Linux OpenGL 3D scene editor
http://cpsed.sourceforge.net/