Re: HELP: cpu load graph plotting program

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 20:11:28 +0100
"Kevin C." <kevingpo hotmail com> wrote:

Problem is, how can I get C/C++ to call or incorporate RRDTool command-
line program into my GUI? Is there any way in C/C++ to call another
program? I don't think there is. Plus I don't think RRDTool has
developer libraries (lib*.lib, etc) for C/C++ programmers to call into
their own programs.

You can call an external program, and have it make, for example, a png,
and show that in a GtkImage/GnomeCanvas or whatever.

Calling an external program can be done synchronously, using the C-
function 'system', which is the easiest way to do it. More involved are
the execxx series of function, but they permit more control over the
communications.

Gtk (more correctly, glib) has some functions to help executing external
programs. Check the "GLib Reference Manual"

John