Re: gtk-app-devel-list Digest, Vol 14, Issue 55 (fwd)

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 16:22:01 +0200 (SAST)
Alf C Stockton <alf stockton co za> wrote:

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 15:27:15 +0200 (SAST)
Alf C Stockton <alf stockton co za> wrote:

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005, Hubert Sokolowski wrote:

look at Inno Setup

Trying to read between the lines is it then being suggested that my
development/deploy scenario should be as follows:-
1) Develop application on development machine.
2) Use "objdump -p" to find dependencies.
3) Package application and it dependencies from 2) above using Inno
Setup
you don't have to check the dependiences. just put into your
application
every runtime package from Tor's site that is required, depending on
gtk
version you use. remember that with this sollution you need to
execute
your program from the directory where it was installed. for example
when
creating shortcuts on the desktop use option "run in directory ...".

Sorry to be a pain but I need to get this clear in my mind.
As I am using gtk-win32-devel-2.6.7-rc1 that I got from sourceforge I
need to
start again and get gtk+-dev-2.6.8.zip and associated dependencies
from Tor's
site. Rebuild my application and when it works on my development
machine get the
corresponding runtime packages from Tor's site and using Inno Setup,
package the
application and the necessary runtime .DLLs.
your application should work fine with Tor's runtime, but you need to
check it.
Inno Setup is just an example how to make an installation of
your program easier for your client. but it is not necessary.

Now surely I do not overwrite the development packages from Tor's site
with the
runtime packages. How do you go about doing this?
Sorry, I don't see a problem here.

The best way to develop GTK applications on Windows is not installing
any gtk runtime in the system. just put runtime packages from Tor's site
to your application's directory. you won't have problems where your
program is running fine on your development workstation and is not on
your client's computer.