Re: GTK themes on windows

Deekshit M ha scritto lo scorso 19/06/2005 20:17:
Hi all,
   I wanted to know how do I add a theme to the
windows application, that I am am developing on
windows. I could see that, when I change the theme
using theme-selector applictaion, the theme for the
GTK-demos get changed. But not for my application. So,
1) How to make these thinsg work for my application ?
2) How to apply the themes available at art.gnome.org
to my application on windows

You need 2 different things:
- the theme
- the theme engine

All theme engines are located (i.e. you have to put them) into your %COMMONFILES%\GTK\2.0\lib\Gtk-2.0\2.x.0\engines directory; they are .dlls (you can compile them by yourself or just find ready to use).

Themes are located into your %COMMONFILES%\GTK\2.0\share\themes directory; each theme is made off a directory tree with the upmost directory named as the theme itself and containing all needed resources.

Theme selection mechanism for *all* gtk applications running on your system is fairly simple: just put into your home directory (something like C:\Documents and Settings\your_user_name) a file containing the following line:

include "C:/Programmi/File Comuni/GTK/2.0/share/themes/dark_outworld/gtk-2.0/gtkrc"

(in this case the theme is "Dark Outworld")
and name it .gtkrc-2.0

Of course, gtk applications that parse their own theme will not be affected by your global theme setting.

Cheers,
Carlo